Undoubtedly, Dr. Schaffer will strive to make you look more youthful, alive and more vibrant. Importantly, Dr. Schaffer artistically customizes his FACE LIFT and NECK LIFT procedures for you specifically. This helps you achieve a rejuvenated appearance that is pleasing and natural.
What is a Face Lift?
The FACE LIFT, also known as CERVICOFACIAL RHYTIDECTOMY may enhance your youthful appearance by tightening and smoothing facial skin and by lessening the appearance of jowls. The skin of your neck and jaw line will be tightened, restoring your youthful neck contour. Additionally, fullness in your neck can be sculpted away and the bands of loose skin smoothed. Deeper layers of tissue are often tightened, not only to increase initial improvement but to improve the longevity of your results. As with the BROW LIFT, the FACE LIFT is uniquely adapted for you (because not everyone is the same) – so that you can have a beautiful, natural, youthful appearance. The NECK LIFT is most commonly performed in conjunction with a FACE LIFT. However, if you do not need or want a full FACE LIFT, other options are sometimes available to improve your neck contour. These can include limited incision Neck lift, liposuction, laser treatment or even direct excision of excess skin.When you consult with Dr. Schaffer, you can be sure that he will inform you of your options and guide you toward the treatment that is best for you.
More Rhytidectomy Information in San Antonio – by Eric Schaffer
- Improve the appearance of a double chin
- Improve the appearance of jowls
- Improve sagging from fallen or displaced fat
- Minimize deep creasing which appears from the nose down to the corners of the mouth as well as under the lower eyelids
- Minimize sagging throughout the middle of the face
Can a Face Lift be combined with other procedures?
Frequently, a facelift surgery can be paired with other facial surgeries including, but not limited to, a brow lift or eyelid lift surgery for a more complete rejuvenation. Although a facelift surgery is one of the most comprehensive facial rejuvenation procedures, it is important to bear in mind that there are some things that this procedure will not change. The fundamental appearance of your face will not be altered, and it will not halt the future processes of aging.
Who is an ideal candidate for a Face Lift?
An ideal candidate for this procedure should be in good health both physically and mentally, and these candidates should have realistic expectations for the procedure and the potential outcome of the enhancement. The most important step in your journey is finding a suitable plastic surgeon for you. San Antonio based Dr. Eric Schaffer is a board certified plastic surgeon, who is one of the foremost authorities in the Southwest on innovative body contouring cosmetic procedures. With board certification from The American Board of Plastic Surgery, you can trust in Dr. Schaffer’s keen aesthetic eyes to give you the results you desire.
Dr. Schaffer trained in general surgery at Harvard Medical School and at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and he went on to learn the art and science of plastic surgery at Yale University. Be sure to review the results of other patients of Dr. Schaffer in the Facelift photo gallery with before and after photos.
Face Lift Procedure
Here is a preview of the procedure itself:
- First, there is the anesthesia which may be introduced intravenously or through general anesthesia
- Next, an incision is made. You may opt for a traditional facelift, where an incision will usually begin at the temples in the hairline and go around the ear to end at the lower scalp. The muscles of the face will be lifted and excess skin will be removed, while the fat will be re-sculpted or re-distributed.
- During a limited incision facelift the incisions will be shorter and start at the temples, continue around the ear and possibly include the lower eyelids or upper lip. In addition to this facelift, a neck lift may be performed to one of the above areas to lift the skin of the jowls and neck.
- The incisions are typically hidden in the hairline or in natural creases for the optimal aesthetic appeal
- As you heal, your results will be more and more revealed. The swelling and bruising will go down and you will be left with a well-rested, revitalized and more youthful appearance.
Schedule a Consultation
A facelift can be a wonderful opportunity to combat the ravages of age and help bring self-confidence and happiness. Dr. Schaffer and his warm, caring staff are ready to help you in your decision. Call 210-227-3223 to set up a consultation appointment with Dr. Schaffer at his San Antonio office.
See more cases