Improve Your Sagging Breasts with a Surgical Lift – Mastopexy
- Posted on: Jun 15 2022
If your breasts have lost their volume over the years and are reducing your self-esteem, you can raise, reshape, and firm them up with a breast lift – mastopexy. This procedure can also reduce the size of your areola if desired.
What Takes its Toll on a Woman’s Breasts?
Of course, the natural aging process takes its toll on the breasts of every woman when the skin loses its elasticity, shape, and firmness. The result is saggy breasts.
Other than age, factors contributing to the loss of breast elasticity include:
- Pre-pregnancy hormones or repeated fertility treatment
- Force of gravity
- Weight loss
Consider if You’re a Candidate for a Breast Lift
There are many factors deciding whether a physically healthy woman should undergo a breast lift to improve her appearance and self-esteem.
Women wanting a breast lift have:
- Flat breasts
- Breast with an elongated shape
- Breast hanging down loosely
- Nipples falling down the breast crease when unsupported
- Nipples and areolas pointing downward
- Stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- Uneven breasts – one lower than the other
Breast Lift Surgery Procedure Basics
The breast lift procedure is outpatient using general anesthesia. Dr. Schaffer will select the technique to be used during surgery based on the size and shape of the breasts.
Dr. Schaffer will use one of the following incision techniques:
- Incision rings around the areola – one larger than the other
- A keyhole-shaped incision around the areola proceeding downward to the crease of the breast
- An anchor-shaped incision starting within the breast crease and extending upward to and around the areola
The keyhole ring incision around the areola is used for small breasts to leave minimal scarring on the breast. The anchor-shaped incision is used for significantly sagging breasts – a pendulous condition.
The remainder of the procedure entails:
- Removing breast tissue
- Reshaping breast tissue to the desired contour
- Relocating the areola and nipple to a higher location on the breast; or
- Resizing the areola and nipple
- Incisions are closed with sutures
A Breast Lift Can Increase Your Self-Esteem
Dr. Eric Schaffer is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has skillfully performed numerous breast lift procedures for over 30 years. Call 210-227-3223 to schedule your consultation for mastopexy surgery by Dr. Schaffer in San Antonio, TX.
Posted in: Breast Lift